The Triumph Moto2™ 765cc TRIPLE ENGINE
Exclusive Engine Supplier
We’re racing! The new Moto2™ engine is a race-developed 765cc Triple engine based on the powerplant from the class-leading Street Triple RS, with improvements that allow the engine to breathe more freely and rev harder than the production bike, and a peak power figure of more than 140PS.
Developed from Triumph’s class-leading 765cc Street Triple RS powerplant, there are a number of race modifications that have been made to the Moto2™ engine to directly enhance performance, including:
- Modified cylinder head with revised inlet and exhaust ports for optimised fuel flow
- Higher compression ratio
- Titanium valves and stiffer valve springs for increased rpms
- Low output race alternator kit for reduced inertia
- Revised 1st and 2nd gear ratios
- Race developed slipper clutch (which is tuneable)
- Specific race ECU, developed with Magneti Marelli
- Revised engine covers for reduced width
- Different sump for improved header run
- High performance coatings to key internal components.
Already renowned as one of the great sounds in motorcycling, Triumph’s 2019 765cc Moto2™ Triple engine is the result of a two-year engineering development programme, with race-tuned modifications that deliver over 138 horsepower and provide greater Moto2™ performance levels than ever before... as well as this hair-raising soundtrack!
ROLLING ROAD TESTING
Exclusive footage filmed at Triumph Motorcycles’ Hinckley, UK factory demonstrated the 2018 Moto2™ prototype in action on an early rolling road test.
If you were fortunate enough to attend one of the major European motorcycle shows in 2017 or 2018, then you may have already witnessed the incredible, hair-raising sound of the 2017 prototype.
STREET TRIPLE - MAKE IT YOUR OWN
Whether it’s on the road or on the track, the range-topping Street Triple RS brings you closer to an authentic Moto2™ experience than ever before.
Get regular updates about Triumph Motorcycles activities – including Moto2™ developments – by following any of our social media channels.